Doughbeezy was born in Cleveland, OH and moved to the Southeast side of Houston, TX at the age of 13.
In 2003 he hooked up with a classmate and recorded his first track.
Through features, youtube clips and local performances the buzz about Doughbeezy down I45 South began to grow and the streets came up with the name “Tha South East Beast”.
In the fall of 2010 Doughbeezy began attending a weekly talent showcase and cypher for independent artists on the north side of Houston called Kickback Sundays.
The event was hosted by SF2, a houston based street wear store and would bring out bloggers, artists and music heads from all over the city.
By consistently captivating the crowd with witty, head turning verses, Doughbeezy quickly established himself as a force in the city’s underground/independent rap scene.
In the beginning of 2011 Dough began participating in a monthly competition/concert series called, “Best Rapper In Texas“.
Dough was able to further expand his brand and proved that not only could he spit verses, but he could also put on an actual show.
On April 20, 2011 Doughbeezy released his first solo mixtape, Reggie Bush and Kool-Aid
The release of Reggie Bush and Kool-Aid proved to be “fuel to the fire” as Dough began to gain more attention from fans, bloggers, local media and concert promoters.
Doughbeezy has performed with and/or opened up for the following artists:
- Big Sean
- Bun B
- Killa Kyleon
- Machine Gun Kelly
- Chip Tha Ripper
- Dom Kennedy
Doughbeezy has performed at the following venues:
- Kiss & Fly (SXSW 2012) – Austin, TX
- Warehouse Live – Houston, TX
- Fitzgerald’s – Houston, TX
- House of Blues – Houston, TX
- Groundhall – Houston, TX
- Midtown Lounge – Houston, TX
- Mangos – Houston, TX
- Candy Lounge – Houston, TX
- Palladium Loft – Dallas, TX
- Emo’s – Austin, TX
- Emo’s West – Austin, TX
- The Parish – Austin, TX
- Daisy Dukes – College Station, TX
- Kamp’s – Oklahoma City, OK
- Official SXSW 2012 Artist
- “The Break” section of the DEC/JAN 2012 issue of the XXL print magazine
- Featured in “The Break” section on XXLmag.com and rated XXL by Don Cannon
- 2011 Houston Press Music Award Nominee - Best New Act
- 2011 Houston Press Music Award Nominee – Best Mixtape
- Houston Press Artist of the Week